The End Of An Era
Looking back on 2005, I wonder why it seems to have passed by so quickly.
My resolutions for 2005:
1. I will be less messy.
Mission: Impossible. But I will try again this year. (0/2)
2. I will not expect things where there is nothing to be expected.
Did relatively well on this one; with a few lapses in judgement. (1.5/2)
3. I will be nicer to my family and friends.
To my family, and some of my friends… 🙂 (1.5/2)
4. I will stop buying shoes (I cannot walk in).
I bought 16 pairs of shoes this year. Let’s not talk about this ever again.
5. I will do my best in everything, because anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Honestly, I did. (2/2)
Better than I did in 2004, with 2/10!
A recap of my resolutions for 2006: This year:
- I will be less fussy about germs.
- I will be more organised.
- I will be nicer to people.
- I will study harder.
- I will not substitute TV for human companions, however tempting it may be.
- I will not eat my weight in sorbet.
- I will not be so stupid.
- I will not be so nice; ie stupid.
- I will not ask questions unless I really want to know the answer.
- I will not let other people affect me.
Also, making a repeat appearance,
- I will not expect things where there is nothing to be expected. Also, I will not have expectations of people, because really…
- I will be less messy.
- I will stop buying shoes.
- I will do my best in everything I try.
- I will keep these resolutions for more than 5 days.
A new year, a new beginning. I’m leaving the baggage of 2005 where it belongs…in the past!
Here’s to a great year ahead, everyone!
(And thanks for still reading this, ramblings and all!)
this Little Green Man says:Happy New Year!
New Year’s Eve dinner, made by yours truly!(L-R:Potato-mushroom-mozzarella bake, roast chicken, garlic bread, steamed french beans, and brownies with almonds)
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!